Re: [ontolog-forum] Genetic discovery using ontology mapping of observat

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 23:31:00 -0400
Rich,    (01)

I want to emphasize that I am not denying that many significant
inventions are patented.  And I am not questioning the value of the
work you have been doing in support of patent litigation.    (02)

> I have worked on over fifty patent litigations and a dozen prosecutions
> and I have never found a single example of what you are claiming.    (03)

I'm sure that's true.  Frivolous patents are usually so flimsy that
the people who filed them settle out of court.  The lawyers wouldn't
need to enlist your services.    (04)

> If you can post something clearly supporting your claims, please do so.    (05)

I just dug the example below out of the Ontolog archive.
See http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2013-02/msg00052.html    (06)

I also typed "frivolous patents" to Google and got 32,000 hits.
The first one is an article about them from the Economist:    (07)

    http://www.economist.com/node/15479680    (08)

The top dozen hits have many other discussions with lots of evidence
about these issues.    (09)

John    (010)