Re: [ontolog-forum] Why a data model does not an ontology make

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Gary Berg-Cross <gary.berg-cross@xxxxxxxx>
From: Adrian Walker <adriandwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 13:24:06 -0400
Hi Gary & All,

Gary wrote:

"how to map a description in NL to very readable diagrams and how to use them as a basis for ontology and for application development."

There is an approach that covers this, at least for Q/A over databases, except that it omits the diagrams.  There's a version live online at the site below, with many examples one can view and run using a browser.

The idea is to ask folks to specify their apps in open vocabulary executable English, and automatically compile that to rules and SQL, then run it.

So, NL= This requires some design trade offs, making it very different from Attempto-like controlled English systems, but it works.

Comments appreciated.

                               Thanks,  -- Adrian

Internet Business Logic
A Wiki and SOA Endpoint for Executable Open Vocabulary English over SQL and RDF
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com
Shared use is free, and there are no advertisements

Adrian Walker
Reengineering