Re: [ontolog-forum] Prolog + CHR (Constraint Handling Rules) for "Big Da

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: jans <ja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 09:43:43 -0800
Thanks for sending this John. It is great to see other companies work
with Prolog in commercial settings. As you know we have been a strong
advocate for using Prolog in conjunction with a semantic database. We
have had varying degrees of success in promoting Prolog given that
SPARQL is the standards and is definitely improving. We often use an
indirect approach with starting people out with SPARQL and then show
them how their lives could be much easier if they used Prolog. What most
people don't get that SPARQL is NOT a programming and or rule language
but do treat it like such. My commercial people cringe when I talk about
our Prolog with AllegroGraph but somehow I'm still keeping the faith
that Prolog will become an important part of the SW.    (01)

Jans Aasman    (02)

Jans Aasman
CEO Franz Inc
Office : 510 452 2000 x 119