Re: [ontolog-forum] Architectural considerations in Ontology Development

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 09:29:47 -0500
On 2/17/2013 2:11 PM, Obrst, Leo J. wrote:
> it does highlight the issue of hand-me-down thinking, design, etc.
> Probably why Aristotle and Plato are still with us in nearly every
> theory we consider. Of course, truth, perspicacity, and value may also
> have something to do with it (I hope).    (01)

As I'm sure you know, the age (old, new, or somewhere in between)
of an idea is not correlated with its value.  People can and do
write and say nonsense about anything and everything.    (02)

A historical analysis and presentation of a subject is a good way
to put things in perspective and to avoid the tendencies to jump on,
to reject, or to rename any particular idea.    (03)