Re: [ontolog-forum] Architectural considerations in Ontology Development

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 21:49:14 -0500
On 2/16/2013 7:23 PM, Hans Polzer wrote:
> This reminds me of the fact that during the Cold War the Swedish
> military deliberately made their systems non-interoperable with
> those of other countries (like NATO nations) because they didn't
> want any invading troops to be able to use any equipment they might capture.    (01)

Loosely related comment:    (02)

In the 1980s, I attended a conference in Stockholm.  During dinner,
some of the Swedes mentioned some related topics.  One point was that
the Soviets claimed the Swedish army wasn't truly neutral.  They said
that if a war broke out, it would probably take the side of NATO.
Therefore, the Swedish army should be counted as part of NATO forces.    (03)

My response was that by that line of reasoning, the Polish army should
be counted as part of NATO forces.    (04)