Re: [ontolog-forum] An Ontologist's Hippocratic Oath>

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Duane Nickull <duane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 11:15:53 -0800
On the serious side, addressing your first bullet below,  has anyone ever taken steps to help others identify if an ontology exists that is suitable (perhaps from a global registry of ontologies)?   In standards bodies we had the same problem.  To many people producing competing standards.  Some organizations introduced a litmus test that was unique to the organization and the establishment of a JTC liaison was introduced to help reduce overlap.

It might be worthy community endeavour to use something like CKAN to set up and run a registry of ontology work in the public domain.   The cost savings of not duplicating others work would be enormous.

OK – now on the the sarcastic side of things:
+
I will vigorously argue my position on the Ontolog Forum until we all agree that the cause the the different points of views was once again a failure to clarify the meaning of a single term.
<duck>

;-)

Duane Nickull
Technoracle Advanced Systems Inc.
Consulting and Contracting; Proven Results!
i.  Neo4J, PDF, Java, LiveCycle ES, Flex, AIR, CQ5 & Mobile
t.  @duanechaos
Whis.pr – http://whis.pr