Re: [ontolog-forum] Hybrid Reasoning Literature / Systems / Model Theory

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 00:03:45 +0000
Yes, almost by definition you will not have much published research in the
model-theoretic implications of procedural attachment, I think. There is
limited research in general for denotational semantics of procedural
programming. I think you would have to first formulate your procedural language
into a declarative language/logic, perhaps a functional programming language.
However, mathematical theories, "little theories", ala Bill Farmer's work (he's
at McMaster U, CA, I think) may help. Or you might think about SMT,
Satisfiability Modulo Theory, reasoners, which are SAT reasoners that bring in
theories such as reals, bit vectors, etc. They are kind of constraint logic
programming systems.     (01)

I also vaguely remember Hoare logic from my formal methods days, that tried to
formalize some procedural programming constructs.     (02)

Thanks,
Leo    (03)