[ontolog-forum] Open Ontology Repository: OOR Content Workshop-II - Tue

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 10:41:47 -0700
Fyi ... you are cordially invited to join us at this session,
especially if you are are contemplating using (some instance of an)
Open Ontology Repository (OOR) to host your ontology content. ... see:
http://oor.net    (01)

=ppy
--    (02)

Re: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_05_29    (03)

= REMINDER =    (04)

Topic: OOR Content Workshop-II: "Coordinating Content among various
OOR instances"    (05)

Session Co-chairs: Michael Gruninger & Mike Dean    (06)

This is a reminder that we will be having our 2nd OOR Content Workshop
on Tue 2012.05.29 and it is coming up tomorrow. ... RSVP now (details
below!)    (07)

This is a renewed effort to pick up the "content" conversation from
where we left off more than 2 years ago. Now that we have some
infrastructure in place, we want to put focus on bringing together the
user communities, who would be putting ontology contents into OOR
instances, and to see how the OOR design and implementation can best
serve their needs. This session will be devoted specifically to
coordinating content among various OOR instances.    (08)

This workshop session will focus on:
* who are the content contributors we want to target, in the short and
medium term?
* coordinating specific content contribution cases:
** MikeBennett's work on financial industry related ontologies
** SOCoP's work on geospatial ontologies
** open government data, ... etc.
* discussion on how we can engage content contributor communities and
systematically build up the user-base
* how could we best coordinate code development and content development    (09)