Re: [ontolog-forum] FW: online Wall St Journal: Google Gives Search a Re

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 15:04:38 -0400
On 4/2/2012 2:10 PM, David Eddy wrote:
> Any guesses what Google means by "semantic"?    (01)

I would say they're sufficiently vague to include anything that
the Googlers might implement -- i.e., a moving target.    (02)

I would compare that article to Tim B-L's talk about the
Semantic Web in 1994.  It was sufficiently vague that anybody
could interpret it in any way they pleased.    (03)

The main difference is that Google has enough money, enough
researchers, and enough business sense to do something that
might actually work.    (04)

can support NLP and Big Data than the W3C.  But I'm not holding
my breath waiting for either one.    (05)