[ontolog-forum] [Systems Engineering and Big Systems] Ontology Engineeri

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: joseph simpson <jjs0sbw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 16:04:04 -0800
Giancarlo's presentation today was very interesting.

After the presentation I took a quick look through the "Ontological Foundations For Structural Conceptual Models."

The explorations of syntax, semantics and pragmatics associated with language use, as well as the connection to context are enlightening.

This area reminds me of the work of Alexander Gross.

Specifically his "Six Laws of Language" and the observations about human communicators and context in the Second Law.

http://languag2.home.sprynet.com/f/evishop.htm

Does anyone know of any work that attempts to connect these two views of language and context?

Have fun,

Joe

--
Joe Simpson