ontolog-forum

Re: [ontolog-forum] Terminology and Knowledge Engineering

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Christopher Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 01:53:45 +0100
>> Personally, I never use Robinson Arithmetic,
>
> Actually (like everyone else) you probably do without even knowing you are
>doing.     (01)

I had said the opposite but in hindsight yours is a better answer. What I had
in mind is that Robinson Arithmetic is too weak for doing much interesting
theoretical number theory  it doesn't even prove, e.g., that every nonzero
number has a predecessor   but, in fact, since it includes the usual recursion
axioms for addition and multiplication, for workaday sums and products, it is
in fact probably all that anyone ever uses.    (02)

-chris    (03)