Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology, Analogies and Mapping Disparate Fields

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ali SH <asaegyn+out@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 18:30:46 -0500
Hi Leo,

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 5:40 PM, Obrst, Leo J. <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Actually, in your cited paper [2], apparently Robert Kent is one of the authors. He’s been involved with category theory for many years, since 2000 or before, preceding the work at Bremen, I think. Many of us know him from his Information Flow Framework (based on Barwise and Seligmans’ IF Theory, itself an application of category theory) in the old SUO: see e.g., http://suo.ieee.org/IFF/slides.pdf.

Thanks for catching that.

I just noticed that the link I'd included in the email (and the paper I'd based my message on- http://math.mit.edu/~dspivak/informatics/ologs--basic.pdf ) did not include Kent as an author, nor references to any of his previous work. I'd had the "olog--basic.pdf" from before and carelessly took a reference off of Spivak's CV.  The paper cited in [2] does include Kent as an author, is substantially longer and includes references to IFF. It is available here: http://arxiv.org/abs/1102.1889

Thank you for spotting that error.

Best,
Ali

Thanks,