Re: [ontolog-forum] SOA organised with RDF - Use Case

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 08:56:16 +0100
Dear Bart,    (01)

His real objection is to a fixed ontology rather than a standard one, he
needs to be able to extend the ontology and correct it as time passes, and
his idea of a standard ontology is that you cannot do that. This of course
is not true. For example, ISO 15926 is designed to be extensible, with a
small fixed core that supports that extensibility, and the standards process
allows even that to be updated (though it hasn't been yet in 8 years).    (02)

Regards    (03)

Matthew West
Information  Junction
Tel: +44 1489 880185
Mobile: +44 750 3385279
Skype: dr.matthew.west
matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.informationjunction.co.uk/
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/    (04)

This email originates from Information Junction Ltd. Registered in England
and Wales No. 6632177.
Registered office: 2 Brookside, Meadow Way, Letchworth Garden City,
Hertfordshire, SG6 3JE.    (05)