Re: [ontolog-forum] SOA organised with RDF - Use Case

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Zhuk, Yefim" <Yefim.Zhuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:34:13 -0400
Bart,    (01)

Thank you for bringing this link.
Here are some thoughts:
1. "Naturally growing knowledge" is a great goal and producing metadata
automatically is a good way to accomplish this goal.
2. Flexible ontology follows well to the changes in an enterprise.
3. Another task is creating an ontology umbrella beyond a single enterprise.
(One might need a real application, like partner services, to benefit from this
task.)
4. In this case we'd need to consider "more common and stable" versus "less
common" parts of ontology.
5. We'd include "more common and stable" pieces in the core/upper ontology and
we'd think of the management and mapping mechanisms for less stable and less
common parts.    (02)

Your thoughts?    (03)

Yefim (Jeff) Zhuk
http://semanticweb.com/from-business-as-usual-to-knowledge-driven-architecture-part-i_b21243    (04)