Re: [ontolog-forum] Self Interest Ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Richard Vines" <plessons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 19:06:01 +1000

Hi Chris

I think these comments were addressed to me.

It seems that the genre below is not invitational ... so I won't comment on your ascriptions... except to point towards something I found quite interesting re a visualisation of knowledge as evolutionary. http://benfry.com/traces/. It takes a while to load.

We often think of scientific ideas, such as Darwin's theory of evolution, as fixed notions that are accepted as finished. In fact, Darwin's On the Origin of Species evolved over the course of several editions he wrote, edited, and updated during his lifetime.

I don't know if others would share an interest in this perspective giving some insight as to the presence of evolutionary processes, but as they say, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Thanks for the bits that were helpful.

Curious term - 'ontology engineering'.

Cheers, Richard