Re: [ontolog-forum] Fwd: Re: Using controlled natural languagesforontolo

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: FERENC KOVACS <f.kovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 22:39:35 +0000 (GMT)
Jack
Pardon me for my ignorance of the past trail. I believe you and I cancel and
withdraw my proposal. As I have no other subject to comment on, I say good-bye
to you again. Thanks , all of you, I have learnt a lot.     (01)

However, one more point to sahre. the greates obstacle in communicating in a
situation like this forum is - identification. If you do not identify with the
person for some reason, you will nto be able to hear content. What will bother
you however is the form, from manners to spelling, from references to familar
authors and arguments to the defence of what you have already got established
as
a commu7nity. America would not have gron big withour the immigrants, four
Hungarians of which (E.Wigner, L. Szillard, E. Teller and J. Neumann, or the
Martians as they were called) did agood service to you and a nasty one to the
rest of the world. I hope  that this passage
 "When FK suggests that it is possible for some entity to, in his words,
"taking each term under scrutiny and declaring whether accepted or
refused" -- that is, as Patrick Durusau and I described the game, play
Hobson's Choice in an ONTOLOG conference call many years ago [1], he
is declaring that someone will play God for all who would use the
result.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that's not a
tenable solution for some applications."    (02)

will convince you that its is not the ontologists that play God but the
politicians who decide to use a bomb, or the scientists who sell longevity and
singularity to compete with tradiitonal churches in selling infintity as a
product.
bye boys    (03)

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 3:01 PM, FERENC KOVACS <f.kovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Avril,
> Very nice point, thank you.
> So instead of claiming that we have a number of upper ontologies none of which
> is the best and the most approrate, we should start anaylsing and comparing
> those already in use and point out any shortcomings. Therefore we likely need
> agree through accepting definitions of whatever term we use in a step by step
> fasion taking each term under scrutiny and declaring whether accepted or
>refused
> and on what grounds. This is a process of alignment of paradigm or terminology
> used to express our concepts that are not accessible otherwise.
>
> Regards,
> Ferenc
> "our attention becomes structured by external demands. In more intimate
> encounters, the level of both challenges and skills can grow very high. Thus,
> interactions have many of the characteristics of flow activities, and they
> certainly require the orderly investment of mental energy. The strong effects
>of
>    (04)

Regards,
Ferenc
"our attention becomes structured by external demands. In more intimate
encounters, the level of both challenges and skills can grow very high. Thus,
interactions have many of the characteristics of flow activities, and they
certainly require the orderly investment of mental energy. The strong effects
of     (05)

companionship on the quality of experience suggest that investing energy in
relationships is a good way to improve life." Mihály
Csíkszentmihályi"http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/199707/finding-flow?page=3    (06)