Re: [ontolog-forum] Fwd: Re: Using controlled natural languages for onto

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 16:45:05 -0800
Hi John,    (01)

If you shrink-wrapped it, who would use it, for what purpose, and in what
environment?  Who would buy it, and how would they keep cash flowing in its
usually convoluted eddies of markets and pain centers?  What will it cost to
do that ASMOP, schedule to complete, earned value, etc.  In my experience,
all those questions need to be well answered before progress begins to build
on itself.          (02)

If the two super programmers did well as a team that time, can you rent out
their services for another project of the same kind to meet the specific
needs of a specific customer as stated in a contract?  If so, how long will
it take and what will it cost to do (hypothetically) the same project under
equivalent circumstances with other parties and similar contracts?  In my
experience, super programmers usually get tired of this kind of
contract-to-spec environment, though there are a few who actually like it
and stay with it.  So this business model has some history of success.  Is
that the kind of self-assembling model you want to use, or is the
shrink-wrapped model the only one you will consider?    (03)

HTH,
-Rich    (04)

Sincerely,
Rich Cooper