Re: [ontolog-forum] Using controlled natural languages for ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: John Bottoms <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 08:32:02 -0500
On 3/11/2011 9:06 PM, John F. Sowa wrote:
> Ali,    (01)

> Yes, of course.  There was absolutely no way to get Ramanujan
> to verbalize his knowledge -- in any notation.  He could not write
> down a proof in mathematical notation, nor could he explain it in
> any natural language.  He just solved the problems in his head
> and wrote down the answers -- and he was always right.    (02)

Well, Ramanujan was right most of the time. That's why it is important
to write things down. I have always been amazed at how much of technical
work is done orally. I have been on $b+ projects in which the design
specifications were "explained".    (03)

-John Bottoms
  FirstStar Systems
  Concord, MA USA    (04)