Re: [ontolog-forum] IBM Watson's Final Jeopardy error "explanation"

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Patrick Durusau <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 15:55:09 -0500
Leo,    (01)

I don't question any of the statements that John has made.    (02)

The problem is equating those achievements, which are considerable, with
intelligence.    (03)

Despite the achievement with Watson, it could not cross the street
unassisted.    (04)

Not very "intelligent" at all.    (05)

Why can't we applaud the considerable technical achievement as a tool?    (06)

Like a back-hoe or locomotive? But just a tool, nothing more.    (07)

Hope you are having a great day!    (08)

Patrick    (09)

On 2/17/2011 3:16 PM, Obrst, Leo J. wrote:
> Amen, John! I quite agree with you.

Patrick Durusau
patrick@xxxxxxxxxxx
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)
Co-Editor, ISO/IEC 13250-1, 13250-5 (Topic Maps)    (011)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau    (012)