Re: [ontolog-forum] IBM Watson & source code

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pavithra <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 17:20:08 -0800 (PST)
Doug..

Page 11, http://www.stanford.edu/class/cs124/AIMagzine-DeepQA.pdf
> The DeepQA approach encourages a mixture of experts at this
> stage, and in the Watson system we produce shallow parses,
> deep parses (McCord 1990), logical forms, semantic role labels,
> coreference, relations, named entities, and so on, as well as
> specific kinds of analysis for question answering.

On page 11 - High level Architecture diagram shows  Question Analysis and Query decomposition and parallel processing at Query Decomposition level..

Its hard to tell whether any relations are established at the time of Query decomposition.
But generally it should have such information to have develop a Query.
 ( In databases, it is matter of developing the appropriate "Where" clause..    In database lanugages, I would say the where clause got messed up to miss the exact answer..  How? can not tell yet..  )

Pavithra..