Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology of Rough Sets

To: <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <edbark@xxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 17:55:29 -0800

Hi Chris P. and Ed,

You wrote:

If one is 4D, then it does not acquire properties - it always has the

properties. One needs to adopt a 3D approach to allow for this.

It seems to me you are giving a 3D view here.

Nothing wrong with that - provide you acknowledge your stance.

One could also say that one is 4D, but what is happening is epistemic - one

gains knowledge about these properties at some point.

Again, one needs to acknowledge the stance one is taking.

Clearly the 3D view will generally show a dynamic class inventory in 4D environments, but its (3D) individual instances can be static snapshots of those views, AND of NO OTHER view, said view not in said dynamic class inventory, within the said 4D environments as viewed in the current state of the 4D environment.

Other designs can be specified, usually as views of the said 3D view of some equivalent 4D environment.

Rough views, for piecewise linear analysis;

Probabilistic views, for accounting for all case values uniformly;

Fuzzy, for sets that are too precise for their own instances (languages, learning views, ...;

Crisp views, for observers that consume actual data.  Usually that is limited to the backup storage until an incident requires viewing it.

JMHO,

-Rich

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper