[ontolog-forum] Fw: Foundation ontology, CYC, and Mapping

To: <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "sean barker" <sean.barker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:26:41 -0000
Salvete Ontologers, Salve David    (01)

One might assert
    (spurious-URI-weight#pound,
spurious-URI-properties#has-presentation-suffix, "lb")    (02)

Knowledge of French or Latin doesn't really help at this point, nor is the
concept of proof. More problematic is the assertion    (03)

  (another-spurious-URI-weight#pound,
another-spurious-URI-properties#has-presentation-suffix, "lb")    (04)

since we have now two independent uses of "lb". We would need to have some
way of identifying whether the two uses were identical.    (05)

And just to make it more difficult    (06)

   (malicious-URI-weight#pound,
maclicious-URI-properties#has-presentation-suffix, "kg")    (07)

particularly when we discover    (08)

    (malicious-URI2-weight#pound, maclicious-UR2I-is-the-same-as,
spurious-URI-weight#pound)    (09)

Pure mathematical proof is restricted to derivations from mathematical
axioms. It has little to say directly about the actual universe.    (010)

 Sean Barker
  Bristol, UK    (011)