Re: [ontolog-forum] Foundation ontology, CYC, and Mapping

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 16:29:04 -0000
Dear Mike,    (01)

This is not far off what has been happening with ISO 15926.    (02)

> I think it would make sense to set up a structure as you describe and
> populate it with such terms as can be defined semantically from
> authoritative industry sources i.e. industry standards, along with
> annotation of the provenance of those semantics.     (03)

MW: Much of what has been added to the ISO 15926 Reference Data Library is
from e.g. ISO standards, particularly those developed for the Oil and Gas
industry in ISO TC67.    (04)

MW: I should say that both the transcription and the maintenance is a
non-trivial burden that is not sufficiently funded, but it is happening
slowly.    (05)

Regards    (06)

Matthew West
Information  Junction
Tel: +44 560 302 3685
Mobile: +44 750 3385279
matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.informationjunction.co.uk/
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/    (07)

This email originates from Information Junction Ltd. Registered in England
and Wales No. 6632177.
Registered office: 2 Brookside, Meadow Way, Letchworth Garden City,
Hertfordshire, SG6 3JE.    (08)