Re: [ontolog-forum] Tighter control of ontolog forum? v.2010

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pavithra <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 15:45:09 -0800 (PST)

Ray, Ed, John, and Peter.

Can we have a meeting to discuss this issue?

For ontology, there are proven theories and concepts.

Then there are concepts of particular Ontology or theory that is evolving or need more clarifications on.    Many of these topics are at conceptual level.    For such topics - people do need free flowing format to think topics through.

I believe an alternate email group with combination of voting on topics to take it off list or to use the alternate email group would help.

Google groups and yahoo are hit by hackers quite often.   May be for data mining purpose. The  Washington post recently posted an article with such information as well.   So one has to be aware that they are less secure environment.

-  I support policy for an alternate email group usage to discuss free flowing thinkers
-  I support voting to request people to use alternate email groups or to be  off list

Thank you,
Pavithra Kenjige

-