Re: [ontolog-forum] Tighter control of ontolog forum? v.2010

To: paoladimaio10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:16:33 -0800
Hi Paola,    (01)

Thank you for the longish reply, which I really have trouble parsing
(because I can't even figure out which parts of your message
correspond to specific statements I made in my post to the list.) You
should not have had to be defensive, though, as I specifically said
that I was not making value judgments on whether or not the above
snippets or the posts they came from are true, correct, good or
otherwise ... but rather, they were just inappropriate for this forum
(however, if you still want to know why, you can still write me
offline to find out.)    (02)

That said, I wasn't expecting your response on the list ... (nor the
others that responded to yours). You surprised me!    (03)

On the subject of "Tighter control of ontolog forum" ...  I was only
imploring everyone to exercise tighter control and self-regulate
themselves to make sure postings are relevant to our charter, focused,
and of high professional quality ... evidently I didn't get too far,
with such a complex message, because even the simple message of
"please email me offline ... let's not burden the rest of the
community" was not properly understood.    (04)

You surprised me again, when you said that people who wanted to
follow-up with you wanted to do it off this list, and you concurred
that this is not the right place for it (although for a reason that
totally differs from mine.)    (05)

So we *are* in agreement, afterall (at least on the end result) ...
and for that I thank you, for taking your conversations off this list.    (06)

Regards.  =ppy