Re: [ontolog-forum] Note for the day

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Patrick Cassidy" <pat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 20:47:19 -0500
>> [JS]  The basic principle is that agents are allowed to use any language
whatever to send messages from one agent to another, but one field of each
message identifies the language in which it is written.    (01)

I agree with John - if any given agent only needs to communicate with one or
a small number of others, a local special protocol could work.  But for this
cluster to communicate with the broader community, at least one of them
should be capable of translating into the common language.  This method
might prove to be popular where only special kinds of data need to be
exchanged among certain specialized agents.  It could make the whole
community of interacting agents more efficient.  But for maximum efficiency
it still seems that some *general* common logical language (including basic
vocabulary) would be needed for a community, though not necessarily used by
every interacting agent in the community.    (02)

Good point, John, thanks.    (03)

Pat    (04)

Patrick Cassidy
MICRA, Inc.