Re: [ontolog-forum] Note for the day

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "AzamatAbdoullaev" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 22:16:44 +0200
From: "AzamatAbdoullaev" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 8:55 PM
Subject: Re: [ontolog-forum] Note for the day    (01)

John wrote:
"As one example, I made the point that pure mathematics differs from the
other sciences because it does not make any statements or claims about the
physical world.  The basic methods of mathematics have not changed since our
stone age ancestors"
Seemingly not for the EU European Research Council, where the research
domains are classed as follows:
1. Physical Sciences and Engineering
PE1 Mathematical foundations: all areas of mathematics, pure and applied,
plus mathematical foundations of computer science, mathematical physics and
statistics PE2 Fundamental constituents of matter: particle, nuclear,
plasma, atomic, molecular, gas, and optical physics PE3 Condensed matter
physics: structure, electronic properties, fluids, nanosciences PE4 Physical
and analytical chemical sciences: analytical chemistry, chemical theory,
physical chemistry/chemical physics PE5 Materials and synthesis: materials
synthesis, structure-properties relations, functional and advanced
materials, molecular architecture, organic chemistry PE6 Computer science
and informatics: informatics and information systems, computer science,
scientific computing, intelligent systems PE7 Systems and communication
engineering: electronic, communication, optical and systems engineering PE8
Products and processes engineering: product design, process design and
control, construction methods, civil engineering, energy systems, material
engineering PE9 Universe sciences: astro-physics/chemistry/biology; solar
system; stellar, galactic and extragalactic astronomy, planetary systems,
cosmology, space science, instrumentation PE10 Earth system science:
physical geography, geology, geophysics, meteorology, oceanography,
climatology, ecology, global environmental change, biogeochemical cycles,
natural resources management.
2. Life Sciences;
3. Social Sciences and Humanities;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Research_Council
Try to catch and keep the entry :-).    (02)