Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology development method

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:13:23 +0000
Marc

I have been reviewing/evaluating ontology engineering methods in recent years, and indeed
the book you mention below has been one of my early sources of refence

Several criteria can help you decide which methodology is best suited to your project
scope/goal of the ontology is one of them, but the organisational environment in which the ontology is developed
and is to be deployed, also bear great impact

Since the publication of that book, several things have happened, namely the development of
'modular ontologies, and collaborative ontologies and lots more etc etc

I have developed a 'just enough ontology engineering' approach (standing on the shoulder of one of my favourite giants, Ed Yourdon)
which helps individuals and companies make the most of the many methodological choices based on the rationale
that you may never get around to reviewing all the possible choices

.I ll pitch  you offlist with it

Paola Di Maio