Re: [ontolog-forum] example of Science and Indian Scripture blog..

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pavithra <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:35:47 -0700 (PDT)

Dr. Sowa,

Dravida in Sanskrit just means south.  There is also interpretation of it as Drav + Veda  = Dravida.   Drave means liquid and Veda is knowledge.  So Dravida just may mean someone whose is an expert in Veda ! or just Knowledgable.  "Veda" is the recorded Indus knowledge.

This negates the whole concept of Dravida is the origin of the world Tamil which is used in all the justfication.   However Tamil Pandits beleive they are the origin or thier own language.

There are scripts found in Rock hills called Edakkalu caves in Sourthern India between Karnataka and Kerala.  These scripts are dated back to 2300 bc to 1700 bc they say.  But now These scripts were said to be similar to anceint Tamil and Brahmi scripts.   Brahmi scripts were used to write old Sanskrit.    Yet it does not prove one is older than other.   But some symbols are found in Indus scripts as well.

Legend says that  Luv & Kush, the sons of Rama from Ramayana played here with thier bow and arrow in these caves!

Since the last time we spoke many people many people have blogged on this topic.   Discovery channels produced some information, which can be found in this blog.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/12365908/edakkal

At this point, I am not sure what is the root of Tamil language.  Whether there was any perticular root at all.

But however other south Indian languages  Kannada and Telugu did not origin from Tamil as to what Tamil origin believers or how it is recorded in Wikipedia for Dravidian languages.  There was Old Kannada that was developed during Kadambas! ( one of the Kannada Dynasty..) which may be a derivative of Brahmi script.   These two languages look very different from Tamil.

I can easily negate that Tamil is not the root of Kannada or Telugu..

That information can be found in

http://www.anceintscripts.com/

There were other discussion of Indus Scripts in Science Daily..

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/04/090423142316.htm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/08/090803185836.htm

Regards,

Pavithra Kenjige