Re: [ontolog-forum] Please stay relevant to the Ontolog Charter when mak

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:55:05 +0100

Peter,

I agree that not every post has been relevent (as in many other discussions, on Ontolog, and elsewhere, side points can snowboll)

Human nature is precisely the dividing line between Ontology for Humans (that supports human cognitive processes), and Ontology for Machine
(automated reasoning).

On this forum, we discuss both, therefore such dividing line is central to some aspects of discourse (indeed constitutes a boundary often disregarded)

The lack of understadning  and apprecition of people who qualify themselves as 'Ontologists' of such distinctions, is reflectled
 not only in excruciatingly boring monotonic posts, but also by the limited use of their ontological efforts

We all have preferences for what posts we read with interes, and which we don't, but we cannot chose what other people like to post
about, in relation to the theme of the forum

PDM

Although they are
almost all interesting, not everyone has been relevant to Ontolog. It
may be more appropriate if some of those messages (like the ones about
advancements of human conditions) be posted elsewhere and not to the
[ontolog-forum] list,so we can maintain a higher signal-to-noise ratio
on our community listservs.

Please be reminded that Ontolog is supposed to be a "community of
practice" (ref.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidB ) and not a
"social network." Therefore, may I cordially request that before your
make a post or start a new thread, or make a response to someone
else's post, to kindly check your message content against
the Ontolog Charter (see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidB ) to ensure
its appropriateness.

Thanks in advance.  =ppy