Re: [ontolog-forum] web-syllogism-and-worldview

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 23:42:34 -0400
Bill, Pat, and Azamat,    (01)

BA> Would you forward a list of which papers you are reading?    (02)

I browsed through several of them.  The two I quoted from were    (03)

http://www.roaldhoffmann.com/pn/modules/Downloads/docs/Under_the_Surface_of_the_Chemical_Article.pdf    (04)

http://www.roaldhoffmann.com/pn/modules/Downloads/docs/Thermophiles_in_Kamchatka.pdf    (05)

My suggestion is to go to his web site:    (06)

    http://www.roaldhoffmann.com/pn/    (07)

Select "publications" on the menu, click on "sort by most popular".
All the popular ones have something of interest for a general audience.    (08)

PC> Re Hoffman's assertion that human factors, not mere logical
 > and dispassionate experiment are involved in science.
 >
 > True, but not exactly a new insight.    (09)

Certainly.  The sociology of science is a well studied field.
But it's always useful to hear experts in their field talk about
the details of how those issues affect research and discovery.    (010)

AA> Hoffmann's article makes a really valuable reading.    (011)

The other articles on his site also add interesting points.    (012)