[ontolog-forum] Incompatibilities in 3D to 4D

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ali Hashemi <ali.hashemi+ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 08:23:40 -0500
Hello again,

Can someone point me to discussion / papers which outline the irreconcilable(?) differences between these two paradigms.

My (semi)naive impression is that each approach considers a set of information as a given, while another requires that it be explicated. It seems like a relatively straightforward affair to keep track of what is needed to facilitate adequate, two-way translation between each approach.

Am i missing something? Why is this such a thorn? Where do the problems arise?

Cheers,

Ali

--