Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology and Category Theory

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 01:20:18 -0600

On Jan 31, 2009, at 12:49 AM, FERENC KOVACS wrote:    (01)

> Hi folks,
>
> n my understanding of categories (semantic primitives), besides
> objects,
> properties and relations there are twin concepts that are the
> subject of
> semantic transformations.
> Basics: ...    (02)

Allow me to ask. This perspective, of which you have given us this
terse summary: what is it, exactly? Your email reads like a sketch of
a rather complicated philosophical position, one that would take a
book to expound fully. Does this book-length exegesis exist? Is there
any literature you can point us to which will help us understand what
you are talking about? Have these ideas been discussed, debated or
analyzed by anyone in any public forum?    (03)

Pat Hayes    (04)