[ontolog-forum] Proceedings: OOR-Ontolog Panel Session - State of Art in

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 19:43:47 -0800
We had, on Thursday 04-Dec-2008, our Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel
Discussion Session. Entitled: "Ontology Registry and Repository
Technology & Infrastructure Landscape - II," with a panel featuring
some of the state-of-art Ontology Repository work from the EU. On the
panel were  Dr. Mathieu d'Aquin (KMi, Open University, UK) presenting
on "Watson: A Semantic Web Gateway, and Towards a Decentralized
Ontology Repository,"  Mr. Matthew Horridge (University of Manchester,
UK) on "The TONES Ontology Repository," and Dr. Paul Buitelaar (DFKI,
Germany) on "OntoSelect: A Browser and Search Engine for Ontologies.    (01)

The panelists shared with us three different approaches toward
implementing Ontology Repositories in their really great talks,
sharing with us all the design considerations and other insights
gained through the development of their respective ontology repository
projects. The talks were followed by an active Q&A and open discussion
segment.    (02)

A huge "Thank You" should first go to Dr. Paul Buitelaar who put
together the panel for us. We want to express our appreciations to all
the speakers, Dr. d'Aquin, Mr. Horridge and Dr. Buitelaar (again), for
their  well prepared and inspiring talks.  And as always, our thanks
also go out to all who joined us at the event; especially for their
contributions to the real-time online chat and rich discussion during
the last segment of the session.    (03)

Full proceedings - including agenda, abstracts, slides, audio
recording, podcast and the transcript of the live chat session are all
online now. They can be accessed from the session page on the
OntologWiki at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_12_04    (04)

This contribution from Dr. Mathieu d'Aquin, Mr. Matthew Horridge and
Dr. Paul Buitelaar, and their colleagues who worked, respectively on
the Watson, TONES and OntoSelect projects, are adding key pieces in
the Ontolog body of knowledge which we are collectively building.
Their work and insight will, undoubtedly, influence how the OOR
initiative will continue to develop.  ... Thank you everyone, again!    (05)

Best regards. =ppy    (06)

Session co-chairs,
Paul Buitelaar & Peter Yim    (07)

P.S. Again, watch our [ontolog-invitation] list for further
announcements of Ontolog events that may be of interest, or browse the
listing under the "News & Announcements" section at our Ontolog
WikiHomePage (at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidW ) for our
upcoming joint OOR-Ontolog panel session, or on other themes that
should be of interest to the community.    (08)

We also invite you to check out the archives of noteworthy past
Ontolog events. They are listed under:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidZ    (09)

Tx. =ppy
--    (010)