Re: [ontolog-forum] [ontology-summit] founding members meeting' , owners

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Christopher Spottiswoode" <cms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 16:26:50 +0200
Peter,    (01)

You advised Paola, below, as follows:    (02)

> Once again, this is not the right forum for this discussion.    (03)

As a relative newcomer to the Forum, I was myself impressed and
pleased to see the Forum's IPR Policy as set out here:    (04)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32.    (05)

I therefore have great difficulty understanding the advice you gave
Paola, as it seems to me from far, as one who did not participate in
the OOR Meeting, that he has raised some very legitimate concerns.    (06)

With more specific reference to my own situation and contributions,
inasmuch as they are themselves worth anything, I am most anxious to
see a full adherence to the advertised IPR Policy, with no taint of
any possibility whatever of any hijacking by some of any contribution
at all to the open Forum.    (07)

Therefore I am now keen to see a full and public clarification of this
whole matter which Paola has raised, whose factual rights and wrongs
it is not a simple matter for me to judge.  I like to believe that
such clarifications would surely be no problem at all!    (08)

I am very sorry that this issue should come on top of what appears to
have been a most worthwhile Summit, with sterling contributions by
yourself and the other organizers.  So I reiterate my belief that the
whole issue can be put to rest in an easy and rapid Open way.    (09)

Christopher    (010)