Re: [ontolog-forum] Cmaps (was: (no subject))

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Christopher Spottiswoode" <cms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 09:57:22 +0200

Hi Pat,    (01)

Neat.  Thanks for the concise explanation.  (But hey, you've only
got as far as topics and meta-topics.  Still some leeway to catch
up with the OMG, with their models, metamodels and
metametamodels?)    (02)

Meta levels are of course very much part of our application
requirements.  (On this kind of forum aren't we all incurably
reflective, believing in recursion and, though maybe less
plausibly, in the ability of others to follow?)  But in MACK
reflection requires no gymnastics at the formal level, thanks to
the genericity of the basic model.    (03)

That basic model does at last get its full outlines in the coming
4th instalment, due "real soon now".    (04)

Christopher    (05)

PS.  Then, perhaps more interestingly (though even more
frustratingly at this pre-announcement stage, especially as there
is no room for this kind of stuff in the 4th instalment), you will
see how the potentially catastrophic computational consequences of
such reflection (or is it "introspection"?) may be regarded as
manageable (or is it "inevitable"?), thanks to MACK's close-enough
match between the modelled and real worlds (itself a rather
artificial distinction despite its fundamental or absolute nature
(Now there's a lovely reflective conundrum!  It's the ultimate
Ontological issue of that "pillar 3" of MACK, still to come, but
this is some advance notice or warning of such intensely practical
matters addressed by MACK.))    (06)

PPS.  The PS's final nested reflection - very actual indeed! - was
in fact a PPS, just in case the coming 4th instalment might come
across as too facile.    (07)