Re: [ontolog-forum] What words mean

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Sharma, Ravi" <Ravi.Sharma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:43:52 -0700
My Observations:    (01)

1. Relationships are, as we know from IT experience, not always
symmetrical when reversed. For example in IT when you reverse
transactions, these imply reversibility of intervening or interim
transactions and that is not always possible for transactional systems
and where other business processes are involved.    (02)

Taking this to context or concepts, universe changes every second, so as
to speak, therefore it is not possible to recreate, only cycles implied
are based on ergodic hypothesis and do not physically accurately repeat!    (03)

2. Thus "truth" as defined in some limited context is extremely
relative, yet for thousands of years people show the Sun and Moon as
examples of "Truth" or Reality.    (04)

My Request:    (05)

3. There are relationships that depend on other relationships in
multiple / concatenated ways. Are these depicted in an exhaustive way
through graphs beyond the triples and not only by Lisp type notations?
Is there an irreducible (specified truncated levels) and generally
agreed description for adopting this complete set of relationships for
the systems? Here I have an extension of TRIPLES in mind such as
quadruples but because of multiple connectedness of relationships,
situation even in Visual and 3D tools, becomes complex, similar to
visualizing multivariate distributions?    (06)

Ravi    (07)

(Dr. Ravi Sharma) Senior Enterprise Architect    (08)

Vangent, Inc. Technology Excellence Center (TEC)    (09)

8618 Westwood Center Drive, Suite 310, Vienna VA 22182
(o) 703-827-0638, (c) 313-204-1740 www.vangent.com    (010)