Re: [ontolog-forum] Axiomatic ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rob Freeman" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:14:53 +0800
On Feb 10, 2008 3:04 PM, John F. Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean, but I'll state my opinions...    (01)

Thanks for being up front about that.    (02)

As a point of entry I think the analogy to a hologram is a good one.    (03)

To anyone with an interest I recommend studying why a holographic
memory should be able to store more data. How each element in a
hologram contributes to the signal. Why in a hologram each piece gives
you the whole picture, but adding pieces gives you more resolution.    (04)

A common point is this many-body idea, with each part of the signal
varying as the combination of many other elements. Remember, there are
many more ways of combining n elements than n. Combinations will code
more information than elements. The trade-off being that the
information of each element becomes somewhat indefinite, even
contradictory. With a hologram as I recall, the diffraction pattern of
the whole plate is summed at each point.    (05)

If anyone has any concrete comments I would welcome them. But perhaps
another thread would be better. This one is a monster.    (06)

-Rob    (07)