Re: [ontolog-forum] Interesting Category - Chindogu

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 20:52:03 -0800
On Tuesday 15 January 2008 19:41, Duane Nickull wrote:

> >> That might be an interesting question if it made sense.
> >
> > It might be a nice inspiration for a poem, at least. Poets never
> > have to make any kind of sense.
>
> Nor has IT for years but that doesn't keep us from developing new
> theories, standards, hypothesis, protocols etc.....    (01)

Software, like all technology, works or it does not. It always has
principles of operation, even if they're unknown (a phenomenon far more
common in the realm of pharmaceuticals than in IT).    (02)

We may not have ideal conceptual tools to model our inventions, but
they're correct function is not (nearly as) subjective as are virtues,
values and quality in the arts.    (03)

> For the record, what I meant to infer from this is that the concept
> of never-ending space/time is often viewed (yes - my opinion) from
> the stark reality of our own mortality.  As humans, it seems that
> everything must have a beginning/end.    (04)

In my own personal, baseless apprehension, beginnings seem more
necessary than ends.    (05)

> People who understand quantum physics, string theories etc. are
> different from the general population IMO.    (06)

There is no "general population." Each has a different mix of strengths
and weaknesses.    (07)

> Again - this is my own opinion.  Take with a grain of salt. I do not
> claim to speak with absolute truth on behalf of all humans.    (08)

Well, that's a good thing. No matter who you are.    (09)

> Duane    (010)

RRS    (011)