Re: [ontolog-forum] Legacy systems

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 23:43:38 -0500
Leo,    (01)

My major reason for posting that note was indeed to raise
some extremely important questions:    (02)

  1. How can we get from here to some ideal system of the
     future?    (03)

  2. How do we enable businesses and governments to begin
     developing new ontology-based applications without
     disrupting their mission-critical applications?    (04)

  3. How do we coax doubters (who are in the majority)
     to dip a toe in the water to test the temperature?    (05)

The transition period is extremely critical to success,
and it cannot be left as an afterthought.    (06)