Re: [ontolog-forum] Workshop on Levels of Reality

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:46:18 +0200
John:    (01)

Visiting the website, I found this statement:    (02)

" However, John Sowa (Vivomind, USA) argued in his speech that the
formalized approach, already undertook by the pioneering Cyc project now
having run for 23 years, is not the best way to analyze complex systems.
People don't really use axioms in their cognitive processes (even
mathematicians first get an idea intuitively, then work on axioms and proofs
only at the moment of writing papers)."    (03)

And I agree with it.  It was inspiring to read.    (04)

Thank you for sharing your slides too.    (05)

Duane (currently in Germany, en route from Barcelona)    (06)

On 10/16/07 8:56 PM, "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    (07)

> A workshop on the theme of "Levels of Reality" was held in Bolzano,
> Italy, a few weeks ago.  Matthew West and I were among the speakers
> who are also active on this email list.  Leo Obrst was scheduled
> to speak, but he was unable to attend.
>
> For a report on the workshop with a few pictures and pointers to
> the presentations, see http://www.iskoi.org/ilc/razor.htm
>
> John Sowa

>      (08)

"Speaking only for myself"