[ontolog-forum] Proceedings: Ontolog invited Speaker session - Mr. Jason

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Robert Chadduck <robert.chadduck@xxxxxxxx>, Jason Baron <jason.baron@xxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 03:33:38 -0700
We had, on Thursday 23-Aug-2007, a great session with invited
speaker, Mr. Jason R. Baron, Director of Litigation for NARA (the
US National Archives and Records Administration) who gave a talk
on: "Lawyers, Language, and Legal Risk: Emerging Issues in
E-Discovery."    (01)

Mr. Baron put forward the challenges facing the legal
professionals, given today's ever expanding Electronic Stored
Information (ESI) that they have to handle. He described some of
the efforts under way, and called for dialog and collaboration
between their community (legal) and ours (ontology, semantic
technology, computational linguistics) to meet these challenges.    (02)

Thank you, Jason, for sharing your insight through the wonderful
presentation, and the ensuing  discussion. Our appreciations to
Susan Turnbull (GSA) for introducing our speaker today, and to
her and Bob Chadduck (NARA)  for making this event possible. And,
as always, thanks to all who could join us today; especially to
those who contributed to the rich discussion.    (03)

Proceedings of the session are captured on our wiki page, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_08_23    (04)

In particular, full audio recording of the session, as well as
the podcast of it, is now available - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_08_23#nid13OM     (05)

... This contribution from Jason Baron and all who were present
today is adding yet another piece to the body of knowledge on
ontology and ontological engineering that our community is
building together. Thanks again, everyone!    (06)

Best regards. =ppy    (07)

P.S. Note that our next invited speaker event is scheduled for
Thursday 6-Sep-2007, with Mr. Adam Pease of Articulate Software
presenting an update on SUMO. See details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_09_06
... please make sure you register by emailing me
<peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> offline, if you are planning to attend.

Peter P. Yim wrote Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:57:21 -0700:
Subject: [ontolog-invitation] Ontolog invited Speaker
          - Mr. Jason R. Baron (NARA) - Thu 2007.08.23

http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-invitation/