Re: [ontolog-forum] what is a proposition?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: leo@xxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 15:01:28 +0600 (YEKST)
Lisa,
Suppose Matthew's 4D approach must be used in new generation IT
Applications in principle (see his reply to you!
"then changes are made to the data in the database,
and the previous state of affairs is lost. This sometimes has
severe consequences... This is one of the motivations for adopting a
4-dimensionalist approach to ontology ".
There are some steps in this direction in the ERP applications already.
Such in Oracle HR module they use standard way to represent "date tracked
objects" . And there is no problem to look for example to a last name of a
woman when she was young and not married.
But this approach is used to only for such entities as Persons, Positions
and Assignments. The Matthew's 4D is "global" in principle ! You may look
at his paper around -
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/Documents/StellWestFOIS2004Final.pdf
and to many another papers around -
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/Publications.html    (01)