Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontological Assumptions of FOL

To: [ontolog-forum] <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Erick Antezana <erant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 00:10:05 +0100
Ingvar,    (01)

thank you very much for the articles you pointed out, they are really
interesting. regarding the one about the layered mereotopology theory.
Actually, we had similar ideas for tackling the granularity issues by
defining abstraction levels (~ layers). I also think that those ideas
could also be used while dealing with "ontology partitions", so that
users interested in particular and coherent? parts of an ontology (by
the way, is there a proper name for such a (sub)ontology? and/or any
attempts for formalizing its structure?) could easily work with them
for querying for instance.    (02)

Pat,    (03)

yes, we are using OWL in CCO (Cell Cycle Ontology). I will take a
closer look at CYC and Matthew's work on this.    (04)

regards, and thanks again.
Erick    (05)

On Mar 20, 2007, at 4:21 PM, Pat Hayes wrote:    (06)