[ontolog-forum] Storage and retrival of domain knowledge

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Chandan Nayak" <chandan42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 14:55:51 +0530

 Hi,

 I am working on a project to classify sand casting domain knowledge in digital format. The end result is to create an "intelligent" program that can automatically detect flaws in the cast design. For example, if the core of a mould is too small, it will refer to the "knowledge base" and point out the error. The project is very ambitious for an undergraduate like me to carry out, but, nonetheless I'm trying to atleast propose a framework.

 I've looked into the proposed KIF draft and I am trying to adopt it for my purpose. Has KIF been ever utilized for such purpose? If so, can someone point me to research papers or website.

 Regards,
 Chandan