Re: [ontolog-forum] (PLEASE!!...) tasteful tags...

To: "Peter F Brown" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 10:37:28 -0600

>³you can tag your content "gooble gobble f***"
>for all I care and your own purposes²
>
>There¹s the rub: ³for your own purposes² ­ is
>tagging only for your own purpose (in which case
>you are right) or to attempt to place the item
>being tagged in a concept space, offered for
>sharing with others? Both are valid and what is
>important is to be able to make a distinction
>between the personal terminology space and the
>potentially shared    (01)

I think the emerging lesson from the 'Web 2.0'
ideas/experiences is that taggers, like all
people, are more similar than they would like to
believe, and that commonalities of usage will in
fact emerge even if we all act very
individualistically; basically because
statistically, we are all fairly normal.    (02)

Pat    (03)

>Peter
>-------------
>Peter F Brown
>Chair, CEN eGovernment Focus Group
>Founder, Pensive.eu
>Co-Editor, OASIS SOA Reference Model
>Lecturer at XML Summer School
>---
>Personal:
>+43 676 610 0250
><http://public.xdi.org/=Peter.Brown>http://public.xdi.org/=Peter.Brown
>www.XMLbyStealth.net
>www.xmlsummerschool.com

IHMC            (850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.    (850)202 4416   office
phayesAT-SIGNihmc.us       http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes    (05)