Re: [ontolog-forum] Logic, Datalog and SQL

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Charles D Turnitsa <CTurnits@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 14:45:12 -0500
I am going to break my own plea to drop the subject by asking Chris if both
of these senses - the Model of an airplane, as well as a Tarskian Model,
exhibit some "lossy"-ness?    (01)

Model, now matter how it is used, seems to be some sort of extended
implementation from an original (whether it is an abstraction, like a
mathematical, computer, or physical model - or some instantiation of a
series of axioms).  In doing this extension, something is lost from the
original (in the case of the model plane, it is reduced in size,
functionality, and fidelity - in the case of a Tarskian model it is reduced
from an ideal state explained in axioms to something that can change and
lose some of its adherence to those axioms).    (02)

But it might be better to not make this observation . . .    (03)

Chuck    (04)

ontolog-forum-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 02/09/2007 02:01:57 PM:    (05)