[ontolog-forum] Operations planning & review conference call Thu 2007.02

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ontology Summit Forum <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 19:10:13 -0800
We had a very productive operations planning & review conference
call (aka. active members regular weekly call, when there is no
scheduled event) today. Proceedings of the session can be found
at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_02_01    (01)

A few particularly exciting items were announced. Among them:    (02)

1. Dr. Tom Gruber has accepted our invitation to join us in the
"Ontology Summit 2007" organizing committee, participate in our
virtual discourse, and be our keynote speaker at the April 2007
summit face-to-face symposium (at NIST, Gaithersburg, Maryland,
USA.) ... special thanks to Pat Hayes for putting me in touch
with Tom.    (03)

2. W3C (the World Wide Web Consortium) is now officially a
co-sponsor of the "Ontology Summit 2007" program.    (04)

2a. I, hereby, again, solicit our members to try to get the
company/organization/institution they are affiliated with to
endorse our cause, and allow us to list them as co-sponsors. See
how we define "co-sponsors" last year, and who are among them
last year and this year (respectively at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UpperOntologySummit#nidIOJ
and
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2007#nidT6A
) ... we don't expect to change that definition this year.
Therefore if your organization agrees to be a co-sponsor, please
drop me a note to that effect. We need all the support we can get
to make this a successful event.    (05)

feedback to the community on how we are doing, members can now
view our Ontolog-cwe (collaborative work environment) site
statistics, like: who in the world is coming to our site, how
many visitors or hits to our site are we getting a month, which
"talk" is getting the most downloads, ... etc. etc. Do check out:    (06)

  o  the <ontolog.cim3.net> clustrMaps -
http://clustrmaps.com/counter/maps.php?url=http://ontolog.cim3.net     (07)

  o  site traffic - http://ontolog.cim3.net/webalizer/
     [auth: ontolog-member/ontology]    (08)

Fyi ... we are getting approximately 60,000 visits (about a
quarter of a million hits) per month, and amazingly, some talks
have an amazingly 'long tail' (like getting hundreds of downloads
a month, despite the fact that those talks were actually given
more than 2 or 3 years ago.)    (09)

Don't miss the rest of the proceedings - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_02_01    (010)

Regards.  =ppy    (011)

P.S. for those who are unaware, we don't "announce" this regular
weekly conference call on the [ontolog-invitation] or
[ontolog-forum] lists. These operations planning & review
conference calls are held on Thursdays (when we don't have an
'event') starting at 10:30am PST / 1:30am EST / 18:30 GMT/UTC (or
  10:30 AM PDT / 1:30 PM EDT / 17:30 UTC). They are typically
one-hour sessions. You will always be able to see them scheduled
at our http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MeetingsCalls
page. A post will probably be made under the the "News &
Announcements" section on the wiki too (especially if the call is
being canceled or rescheduled from the regular time slot!)  =ppy
--    (012)