Re: [ontolog-forum] Visual Complexity

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:40:54 +0700
HI Deborah    (01)

with this thread I feel my arm is twisted to open up one of the topics
that I am working on before I manage to publish a paper - but
hopefully that will follow.    (02)

The need has been identified for usability and ease of use in general
of ontologies and related instruments - I think the need now is 'write
requirements', also Rex Brooks confirmed that they need these kind of
high level guidelines so that 'ontology specifications' can be written
to fol low (standard development practice, surprisingly not followed
in ontology engineering)    (03)

What you mention here, looks to me like a requirement for the Open
Ontology concept    (04)

I opened a page, although I am reserving some rights there
so please feel free to evolve (for progress' sake)
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PaolaDiMaio/Towards_OpenOntology    (05)

Look forward to contribution    (06)

Cheers    (07)

PDM