Re: [ontolog-forum] Fwd: Top 5 list of applications best handled via a s

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Mills Davis <mdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Rex Brooks <rexb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 07:35:16 -0700
HI Peter, All,    (01)

My thanks to Mills, as well.    (02)

The Semantic Interoperability Service-Oriented Architecture Pilot
group I head is working on a Web Services Registry of Standards, SDOs
and organizations whose products/services implement these standards
in the domains of Emergency Management and Health Informatics
implementing both The OASIS UDDI and ebXML Registry-Repository
standards.    (03)

This group is exploring funding possibilities through both the
Federal Business Opporunities listings, various grant programs, and
SBIR/STTR. We have responded to one Department of Homeland Security
Program for which we thought we had an excellent proposal comprised
of a number of added scoring bonuses for small, disadvantaged
businesses, a woman-owned business and a disabled veteran-owned
business amongst the collaboratory participants. However, it was
withdrawn before a decision was announced.    (04)

In addition, we are working on two proposals for the DoD Health
System based on semantic services delivered through the interface to
the registry. We are focusing on geospatially-indexed services
related to emergency management and health informatics for
situational awareness, rapid response and critical decision-support.    (05)

Thanks,
Rex    (06)

Rex Brooks
President, CEO